Friday, April 3, 2009

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea.....


...Spongebob Squarepants!

Here's a birthday cake I made for a friend's daughter. She turned 4 and wanted a spongebob cake. I used Bakerella's recipe for the vanilla cake and iced it with a plain vanilla buttercream. There is a layer of chocolate filling hiding inside. I couldn't quite get my buttercream smooth...still working on that...and didn't want to cover the whole cake with fondant. I compromised and used fondant decorations, some hand formed and some rolled and cut. The feet are Swiss Rolls :)

His arms are a little skinny, but I made those before making the cake and didn't have anything to go off of...From this angle he looks a little woozy!

I think it turned out ok...we'll see what she says.....

1 comment:

vibi said...

Absolutely Stunning! My daugther would kill for one of those! lol BRAVO!