Tuesday, January 4, 2011

TWD: Midnight Crackles

Happy Anniversary to Tuesdays with Dorie!!! It's been 3 years that this fabulous baking group has been going and I am happy to say I have been a part of it for 2 of them. My very first TWD post was 11/4/08....Rugelach! I have had so much fun since then. I can't believe that I will have a cookbook that I will have made almost every recipe in. If you were to look at my Baking From My Home To Yours book...you will see a frosting splattered, pencil written, chocolate smeared, well-loved cookbook. :) Like many others I'm sure.

This week's pick was from Laurie and Jules over at Someone's in the Kitchen. Laurie founded the TWD group back in and Jules has been helping her with the site....so very appropriate they chose a recipe together. Together they chose Midnight Crackles...a rich, chocolatey, slightly spicey cookie perfect for sending to people with the rest of your Christmas cookies.

Full disclosure...I made these cookies back in December of 2008 and posted about them, but no pictures...what's up with that?? I didn't bake them from my book but from the December '06 issue of Bon Appetit. So...I already knew I loved them.

A lot of people had issues with the dough becoming to firm if left in the fridge too long. I think I left mine about 1/2 hour and it was fine for scooping and rolling. I used my small scoop so that if I ate 5 in one sitting...I wouldn't feel so bad because hey, they're small!

I still have some of these in the freezer. They're perfect when you want something chocolate. :)

Don't forget to check out the rest of the Midnight Crackles over here.

Oh yeah...when I posted the about the Cardamom Crumb Cake 2 weeks ago...the cake itself had gone into the freezer to be eaten on Christmas Morning. Thanks to all the great comments letting me know I would absolutely love the cake....as you can see, we did. :)

The one with the sweet tooth...

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Cute cookies! :)

Tia said...

dark and delicious. looking good! happy 2011 and looking fwd to much baking ahead :)

Flourchild said...

They look great! I had no issues with the dough..didn't chill it and it was perfect to work with!!

Jules Someone said...

Those are two of my favorite recipes. I think I need to try both of them again. Thanks for baking along with us!