Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Getting Baked!

I have a new cookbook! I'm sure you've seen it around...

Baked: New Frontiers in Baking by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito. You know...they own that little bakery up in Red Hook, Brooklyn.

The first thing I made were these yummy Peanut Butter Crispy Bars. Let me just say "Oh my!"

These bars were a little bit of heaven in each bite...chocolate, peanut butter, crunchy, soft...wow.

The notes on the page in the cookbook mention that these are extremely rich and should be served in small portions...and they aren't joking. The only drawback is that these morsels need to stay refrigerated so they are hard to bring...to say...a girls' night out at a bar someone owns...they got a little soft an mushy. Still ate 'em though!

I am going to make every single recipe in this book....is there a group I can join? :) I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, those look great! I love chocolate, peanut butter and rice krispies.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to bookmark this recipe. It looks delicious!

Unknown said...

I borrowed that book from the library a few months ago and loved it! Try the banana espresso muffins - they're delicious!

Mary said...

That looks amazing..I am going to buy the book too..thanks for the recommendation.

Sihan said...

why don't you set up a group! I wouldn't mind chipping in. The recipes in the book look too good!