Monday, March 9, 2009

Still with the lemons.....

No TWD for me this week...I guess I would rather not have custard than have it...that's my theory anyway. Bridget of The Way The Cookie Crumbles chose the beautiful looking Lemon Cup Custard. I have to admit, I wasn't really looking forward to making this and then I went and checked out all the comments on the TWD site and I guess that kicked me into "not gonna make it" mode. Maybe I should have asked my husband first, he might have liked it...but I just couldn't do it. I don't like eggy...my kids don't like eggy and if my husband ended up not liking it...well I would have felt guilty pouring it down the drain.

Sorry TWD'ers....I promise to be back next Tuesday!

At any rate, I did do something with lemons. Of course I did...I have them coming out my ears!

I made Giada's Lemon Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze! Yummy, cakey and very, very lemony. I ate them, my kids ate them and my husband ate them. And then I finished them off. These little bundles of sunshine were very easy to make. The recipe calls for whole milk ricotta but I used the part skim I always find in my grocery store. The ricotta cut the sweetness a bit so the lemony flavor stood out. These are not crispy and not chewy...they are cakey with a nice lemony glaze on top. Like eating your own mini lemon cake! I read in the reviews that some used cream cheese with good results. I like using ingredients that I wouldn't normally use in baking so I will stick with the ricotta...I will definitely be making these again.


I think he would agree....

Check over here to see what the other bakers came up with...

I have a PTC meeting tonight...I need to go make a bundt cake.. :)

No comments: