Monday, February 9, 2009

Don't Snicker at my Doodles...

just because I forgot to add the eggs....until the end. Here's what happened: I was mixing the butter and sugar together and as I looked down at my recipe for snickerdoodles...I realized I was actually looking at the recipe for Giada's Lemon Ricotta Cookies that I plan on making later in the week. The actual recipe I wanted was underneath. So I put the snickerdoodle recipe on top and scanned down to where I thought I should be after creaming the butter and sugar...adding the dry ingredients. Completely skipped the add the 2 eggs part. Needless to say...my dough wasn't sticking together! Duh :) I quickly beat 2 eggs together and added them to the dough...mixed them in and called it good. I rolled the dough into balls and then froze them on a cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes so that when I threw them into the ziploc bag with the sugar cinnamon mixture, they held their shape...I also wanted them to be a little puffier when baked. It worked! Yummy cookies for the kids' lunches this week...oh and I made 1 1 /2 batches so that the hubs and I could sneak some in after the kids were in bed at night...
No TWD for me this week...not into floating islands. I've made them before in a cooking class I took about 8 years ago. They were called oeufs a la neige...which translated, I believe, means "eggs in snow". They were fun to make and we learned the technique for making them egg (oval) sized using 2 large spoons and sliding them off one onto the other. They turned out nice but I just don't see me eating them again...I have been baking though and will share with you later.

On a more serious note, as some of you know, my husband is from Australia...down near Melbourne in Victoria..where right now they are having some of the worst wildfires in their history...please keep the residents in your thoughts throughout your day...I know my family members are in my thoughts constantly. Thank you.

And thank you for stopping by...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the wildfires, Lindsay. I'm thinking of them. Pretty cookie pictures!