Tuesday, November 2, 2010

TWD: Peanuttiest Blondies

It's Tuesday and I'm on time for TWD!

Miracle of miracles...

Ok, these Blondies were really easy to mix up and dump into a pan. I did it the day after Halloween...with KitKats, Almond Joys and Snickers bars...all calling my name. I didn't think the kids picked up enough sweets while trick-or-treating so I decided to bake something more!

I'll let you in on something...I make blondies a lot. My oldest does not like full on chocolate, hence, he does not like brownies. WHOSE KID IS HE???

I switched a few things up. I used dark brown sugar instead of light, because that's what I had.

I used mostly natural peanut butter with maybe an 1/8 of a cup of regular peanut butter, because I wanted to use the last of the jar.

I also didn't put the salted peanuts in...otherwise no kid of mine would have eaten them...and you know what happens there.

Dumped in a cup of mini chocolate chips. Oh yeah...I also baked them in a 9x13 pan sprayed with Baker's Joy. No problems there.

The result?

Peanut buttery goodness with some chocolate thrown in for good measure. Because everything is better with chocolate....wait that's bacon. Bacon or chocolate? Bacon AND chocolate! I can't decide.

Thanks go to Nicole from Bakeologie for this week's recipe.

Don't forget to stop by here to see the other baked up blondies.

Thanks for stopping by. See you next week if I can keep this up. :)

4 comments:

Jeannette said...

your bars look so dense and almost fudgy!! wait... what's the blondie equivalent of fudgy?

whatever... they look soooo good!

Tia said...

love how well they turned out.

Jules Someone said...

These look lovely! Please e-mail me so I can fill you in on December picks. iahawk89@comcast.net - Julie

Jules Someone said...

Lovely! Please e-mail so I can get your December pick! iahawk89@comcast.net