Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hmmmm....what have we here....

Wow! Look at this:
My friend Michele, she of the persimmon, lemon and fig trees, went to Las Vegas for her Uncle Bobby's birthday.

I knew she was getting the custom cake from Retro Bakery...because she got one last year at the same time. Remember this post?

Well....she brought me back a little something.

RETRO FREAKIN' CUPCAKES!!!

They made it through airport security all lovingly wrapped in plastic by Kari. :) (I know this because she said she loves me!)

Here's what I got...

A Peanut Butter and Jelly.

A Coffee and Donuts.

A Hopscotch.

And....a Maple Bacon. Can you see that huge piece of bacon in the cupcake?

Michele said Hopscotch would change my life...but I'm here to tell you that it was
MAPLE BACON that did it.

They were all super moist and yummy and lots of buttercream...but I really liked the contrasting flavors of the sweet maple and salty bacon.

The PB&J tasted just like a pb&j.

The coffee buttercream on the the Coffee and Donuts was to die for.

The Hopscotch was super sweet and a friend of mine who really likes butterscotch inhaled most of it. It was really good but maybe a little too sweet for me.

If you are in Vegas anytime soon.....get your arse to Retro Bakery.

One day I'll be Kari...tattoos and all. :)

Oh yeah...I got a free t-shirt too! wOOt!

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Celly said...

That looks supercalifragilisticexpialibloomingdocious delicious.

Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella said...

Ooh how cute are they? I love retro and I love cupcakes so it stands to reason that I'd just love these! :D

KARI GARCIA said...

So AWESOME! thanks!
k