Tuesday, February 16, 2010

TWD: My Best Chocolate Chip (Chunk) Cookies

Yep they're flat....but I expected it.

After reading all of the comments I knew going in that the final result would more than likely be a flat cookie. Flat is not my favorite kind of chocolate chip cookie. I prefer fat and cakey...but I'm always up for something new.

Kait of Kait's Plate chose these chocolate chip (chunk) cookies for TWD this week.

I chopped the chocolate instead of using chocolate chips. This may be my new preferred way to add chocolate to a cookie. I used part of a big bar of bittersweet chocolate from Trader Joe's and that was a lot of chocolate to add to the batter. The good thing about chopping your own...the big chunks that were just a little too big for the cookie...got eaten with raw cookie dough attached...Yum.

I did add 1/4 extra flour to the dry stuff and also added 1 1/2 TBSP. of espresso powder with the vanilla. After scooping the dough onto the silpat, I froze the sheet for about 30 minutes before baking. I think that might have helped a little with the spreading.

These cookies are really good....but I still prefer this one. Simply because it's fat and cakey. My preference.

Check out the others to see their results.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Megan said...

these look soo good!!! i have a whole bunch of ccc recipes on my site and one looks just like that!