Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A-Ha.....bet you thought I'd never be back!

Well....things have calmed down a little around these parts. Not too much, just enough for me to write a few lines about things I have baked up.

Now...I know I am so completely late on all of these TWD but I did bake them before the deadlines....just didn't get a chance to post. So now I will dole them out slowly... :)

TWD: Perfect Party (Cup) Cake

The family and I had a 3rd of July party to attend and I was bringing the dessert. This recipe was calling to be made into cupcakes. I loved the cake part. Very light...a hint of lemon...and the cakes didn't fall apart when I coned them.

Look at all of that lemon

I used buttermilk in place of regular milk and didn't have any lemon extract so I just used vanilla.

Here's the jam I used

The full recipe made 26 cupcakes and I filled the liners about 2/3 full. The cake turned out so pretty and completely white.

I cut a cone out of the top and filled them with the jam and replaced the top.

No problems with the buttercream but I was in a hurry to finish and get to the party so I just slathered the frosting on top...smoothed and added some blue and red kissables....see red, white and blue! No time for filling a bag and piping.

Kinda looks like a smiley face!

In addition to bringing the jam filled vanilla/lemon cupcakes...I brought along a batch of these too.

Martha's S'mores Cupcakes or (Chocolate Graham Cracker Cupcakes with Toasted Marshmallow).

They were gone in a flash.

I didn't have a chance (or a torch) to brown the marshamallow frosting but nobody seemed to mind!

Thanks to Carol of mix, mix...stir, stir for her choice. Stop over at the TWD site to see what the other on-time bakers have created.

1 comment:

Eva said...

that looks great! The cone is a great idea. I've never seen that.