Tuesday, April 20, 2010

TWD: Sweet Cream Biscuits

Melissa at Love at First Bite chose this week's Tuesday's with Dorie recipe, Sweet Cream Biscuits.

These babies were so easy to whip up I made a batch in the spare hour I had between work and picking up the kids from school.

A little all-purpose flour, a little cake flour, some baking powder, salt and sugar all mixed together with some creamy cream. I flaked with the fork...and because I was so paranoid about over-working the dough, I think I ended up under-mixing. I patted the dough into a square and cut little circles out with a biscuit cutter.

After reading notes from other bakers, I chose to place the rounds pretty close together on the baking sheet...hoping this would help the rising. Well, they didn't turn out sky high but they're not hockey pucks either.

Straight out of the oven, sliced open with a little homemade lemon curd spooned in the middle..heaven.

Check out the other biscuit bakers here.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Tia said...

great job this week!