Thursday, January 8, 2009

I am now a Barefoot Blogger!


As if I didn't have enough to do...I joined another group! Barefoot Bloggers! I had ulterior motives for this one though. They sometimes make real meals!! (As opposed to the baking group) Thinking ahead...I realized that I could kill two birds with one stone here. I would have dinner for the family and my blog entry all in one. Sadly, the first entry was breakfast but hey, it was still a meal as opposed to a dessert.
Karen from Something Sweet chose Banana Sour Cream Pancakes. These were easy and yummy and my kids loved them. The only thing I changed was the fruit used in the recipe. I used raspberries and blueberries as opposed to bananas because, well...no one wanted bananas in their pancakes! Check out the others here to see their versions of these light and fluffy pancakes.


Banana Sour Cream Pancakes
Cookbook: 2003’s Barefoot Contessa Family Style
Show: Barefoot Contessa Episode: Back to School

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
2 extra-large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Unsalted butter
2 ripe bananas diced, plus extra for serving (I used blueberries and raspberries)
Pure maple syrup

Directions
Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream, milk, eggs, vanilla, and lemon zest. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, mixing only until combined.

Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat until it bubbles. Ladle the pancake batter into the pan to make 3 or 4 pancakes. Distribute a rounded tablespoon of bananas on each pancake. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until bubbles appear on top and the underside is nicely browned. Flip the pancakes and then cook for another minute until browned. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel, add more butter to the pan, and continue cooking pancakes until all the batter is used. Serve with sliced bananas, butter and maple syrup.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the barefoot bloggers. your pictures look fabulous! sorry i ruined your dinner plans... lol. :) but i'm glad everyone liked them with the raspberries and blueberries.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the group! They look yummy... and I love the berries. Too bad our next recipe is something sweet too! I promise, we really DO make dinner sometimes.

~Cat

chocolatechic said...

These were just wonderful.

Welcome to BB.

Looking forward to seeing your Savory Corn Muffins today.