Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mixed up TWD: All in One Holiday Bundt Cake

This month TWD is all mixed up....As I have a PTC meeting to attend tonight I chose the beautiful All in One Holiday Bundt cake which Britin at The Nitty Britty selected. If you don't have Dorie Greenspan's Baking: From My Home to Yours yet...go out and pick it up! It's a wonderful baking book and this recipe can be found on pages 186-187.

I love bundt cakes and have been following Mary from The Food Librarian as she makes one bundt a day during the month of November for National Bundt Day on November 15th. Some of hers look absolutely wonderful.....wonder if she'll make this one?

This sure lives up to the All in One Holiday part of it's name...pumpkin, fresh cranberries, apples and pecans not to mention cinnamon, ginger and fresh nutmeg.

Here's what I used:

I was going to roast my sugar pie pumpkins but decided to use those for a pumpkin pie so I can get the full pumpkin flavor.

I used apples from a friend's tree:

I used the one on the left...the smaller ones are perfect kid-size!

Dropped them down the side onto the counter.

Chopped up some frozen cranberries.

For some reason I had been thinking that this recipe used dried cranberries and even stocked up on some this weekend at Trader Joes. Good thing I had some fresh in the freezer...but I bet it would be fine with the dried.

I left the pecans out of the cake...not sure all the parents like nuts.

Mine took 54 minutes to bake.

Naked bundt:

Fancy dress bundt:

I used the maple glaze Dorie mentions and sprinkled some chopped pecans on the top. They can scrape those off if they don't want them. :)

Perfect for a holiday table....or classroom table....either is fine.

Don't forget to stop over here to see what the others came up with.

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Ivette said...

I love the way your cake came out and the different ideas you implemented. I made this cake this week to and I just loved how all the flavors married so well together. Good job!

The Food Librarian said...

Your Bundt is beautiful! It looks just like the one in the book. I'm going to make this after my I Like Big Bundts project...perhaps serve it for Thanksgiving! :) Thanks for mentioning my little project...whew, I'm almost done! :) - mary the food librarian

TeaLady said...

Love your fancy dress. It is beautiful.

The recipe did call for either raisins or dried crans in addition to the fresh/frozen. I almost missed that part.

Karen said...

Your cake looks just lovely in its fancy dress. This seems like a perfect recipe for Thanksgiving.

mike said...

Wow - this looks fantastic! Love all of your prep photos - both the naked and finished bundts look great! I'll have to plan something special for the 15th.. maybe this one! Nicely done!

MacDuff said...

Ok, seeing all the bundt cakes is making me NEED this bundt cake!!! Love it - glad you did too!