Tuesday, June 16, 2009

TWD: Honey Peach Ice Cream

So I've been a bit of a slacker lately. My apologies....between the end of the school year, baseball playoffs, pre-k graduation and a wedding to photograph...I haven't been around much. But I have been baking and creating!

I'm going to post everything in one big lump. I'm out of town for this week so I hope this posts ok on Tuesday.

First off: Honey Peach Ice Cream. Thanks to Tommi of Brown Interior for choosing this summer treat for TWD. I went to the farmers' market and picked up two different kinds of peaches. After reading the comments on the TWD page, I decided to puree all of my peaches so as not to have icy bits in my lovely ice cream.

I also used my vanilla bean paste so that I could see the little flecks of vanilla bean in the finished product.

Mixed it all up and poured it into my Cuisinart ice cream maker. (I love that thing)

45 minutes later....perfection.

I had a little dinner party and all of the kids got ice cream cones for dessert.



Secondly: I did make last week's Parisian Apple Tartlet. Though sadly....I didn't take any photographs. I used the all butter puff pastry from Trader Joe's and cute them into squares instead of rounds. I didn't use any apples but instead chose peaches for two of them. Plums for one and freshly picked, pitted and halved cherries for the last. I think the cherry was my favorite though they were all tasty.

I made them after dinner following one of the baseball playoff games and I was rushed and it was dark and I forgot to get out the camera...bad blogger!

Thirdly: I completely forgot to post the Fresh Mango Bread!

I had a whole story to tell you about when my husband and I lived in Australia...Far North Queensland to be exact...and how we used to pick mangoes in our yard from our mango tree...how mangoes were eaten standing over the sink so the juice didn't get all over you. How we used to eat at a restaurant called Mango Jam in Port Douglas...when Port was a small town. :)

Alas....I forgot to post...so here are the photographs. We loved the bread!

Don't forget to stop by here to see what the others have created.

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Teanna said...

Triple post! I love it! It all looks so good!

chocolatechic said...

I wish I had added some vanilla bean paste to mine.

Hindy said...

You have been busy! Glad everything worked out for you. Well done for enjoying along during your busy time!

Leslie said...

Great catch up post! I love the photos with the kids, and that mango bread looks awesome!