Thursday, May 5, 2011

TWD: Basic Marbled Loaf Cake

Ok...so this working full time thing is seriously cutting into my baking time. I can't seem to fit it in anymore and I think I'm going through withdrawals!

Many thanks to Carol at The Bake More for picking this week's TWD. This is a simple to put together loaf cake. I think I could bake a few of these in lots of different flavor combinations and just have them in the freezer for you know, whenever I might need one.

I chose to make the chocolate/orange combination. The zest of one orange and 1/2 tsp. of orange extract went into half of the batter and some melted dark chocolate into the other half. I just kind of layered the two into a loaf pan and didn't get all swirly.

If you look real close...you can see the orange zest... :)

I love how each slice you cut looks different. And yes, I had this for breakfast too.

Don't forget to stop by here to see the many variations the other came up with. I can't wait to try one with different colors.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

The Bake More said...

I CAN see the orange zest. I can also see big cat (lion or panther) crouched and ready to pounce. Don’t you just love the strange stuff you can find in marbled cake? Thanks for baking with me this week. --- Carol

TeaLady said...

Looks perfect. Love the pieces of zest showing through.