Thursday, December 4, 2008

Linzer...hey Linzer


My namesake cookie...well my nicknamesake cookie. My name is Lindsay and for as long as I can remember...my family has called me Linzer. Not too shabby of a cookie to be named after!

This week's TWD was chosen by Dennis from Living the Life. A very holiday-ish cookie for a very holiday-ish time! Last year during my holiday baking, I made Linzer cookies with hazelnuts. This year I could not find hazelnuts at Trader Joe's for the life of me! I did have ground almonds in the freezer so I used that in place of the ground hazelnuts. Other than that, I pretty much stuck to the recipe as written. After reading all of the comments, I rolled my dough out a little thinner than Dorie recommended. That worked fine and the combination of cookie, raspberry jam and powdered sugar was tasty. I did dip some of mine in chocolate before sprinkling on the powdered sugar. I haven't tried those yet, but I am sure they are good too!

The remaining cookies I froze...unfilled...to be given away as Christmas gifts in a couple of weeks. WOOHOO, one gift down...many more to go!

Check out all the other lovely bakers here to see their treats!

No comments: